View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #85
QuikSand
lolzcat

Free Agency, stages 4-5: One signing, I'm thrilled, you won't be. 5th year LB Micah McCarthy was a 6th round pick for Miami, started out 24/39, developed to 47/47 (my scout says 44/44) and they basically let him walk. We sign him to a 2yr deal, and I'm hopeful this will be a long term signing. He does everything okay - rated 50-ish in lots of stuff, including RunD and ZoneCov. He's got high endurance, and a 95 personality for an Exceptional Affinity. This is the cornerstone of the way I build my rosters. Big signing for us, even if he's merely a 40-tackle guy as our LB5 for the next 6 years.

Last season's two over-market re-signings both settle for less. LB Erickson will make about $8m/yr, and CB Upshaw will make a shade less. Both figure into my longish term plans, so I'm fine guaranteeing money to bring down the cap hits.

WR Duran turned down 5/135, so we will have to sweeten that a bit more.

I have other free agent offers in, but nothing earth-moving. Looking to bring in some camp guys, some of whom fit in as likely-inactive roster fillers. In this league, with injuries off, I find it viable to just stash high-affinity guys as my inactive players, to at least get the juice from them. That means, sometimes, cutting underwhelming rookies who aren't ready to go... but the good news is I tend to have plenty of them soon after each draft!

Round 2 draft pick likely will come later today, will update then. Just looking at the prospects a bit now.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote