View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

So I started what amounts to a 6-day trip today. It's really only a 2-day and a 4-day back to back, but for me being a commuter there isn't a chance to go home in between so it's a 6 day.

At the beginning of a trip I have to be at the airport at least 1 hour prior to the departure of the flight. At the plane at least 45 minutes prior to the flight. Before I do that I have a bunch of preflight and paperwork that I have to get done. I'll go into all of that on a different day.

Today I'm heading somewhere I've never been before. It's south of the border and a full 5 hours and 47 minutes of flying time.

Puerto Vallarta!

I have to say that you didn't have to twist my arm too hard when I saw this on my schedule. It's a 23 hour layover and 1 leg back to Newark tomorrow afternoon.

The flight down wasn't bad. Some turbulence east and south of the Appalachians that really didn't get better until we were over the Alabama/Mississippi area. After that it was pretty smooth sailing.

I wasn't flying today's leg and what I mean is that I wasn't in actual physical control. The pilot who isn't flying is called the Pilot Monitoring and is responsible for all the communications between the plane and ATC. Tomorrow, I'll fly back to Newark.

It's a nice 79 degrees here today. I don't have any big plans to head out on the town or anything, especially having never been here before. and was able to facechat with my family when I got all settled. So for now, this is the horrible view I have to endure from my room.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote