View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #9
PilotMan
Head Coach

That was one of the better layovers that I've had for a while. I got to spend some time in a chair on the beach enjoying the sound of the surf today. That was my first time on the Mexican west coast. It reminded me of a warmer, smaller, quieter San Francisco. Very scenic. Dare I say better scenery than Cancun, but the beach is more rocky and not as good.

Our flight back was really good until we got to Louisiana. All the weather kicking up there caused a considerable amount of turbulence that we just had to ride out. There was some concern about the weather in Newark slowing our arrival down. We just had to keep an eye on it and press on.

I snapped this picture as we were near Monterrey. These peaks are close to 14,000 and were surrounded by this low fog on the eastern side. My camera on my crappy phone sucks.

Spoiler

The turbulence lasted until we were over eastern Kentucky so not a small amount of time.

It was nice to have the tailwinds today. Tomorrow won't be as enjoyable. Back into the wind. Surprisingly, despite the less than desirable weather in Newark we weren't delayed and were able to make our approach and landing in the rain. Thanks to the wind we were almost 30 minutes early. I think we were helped by the lower Saturday schedule. There is quite a bit less flying on the weekends and arrivals and departures are less intense.

Back to the crash pad for me. Here's a view of what a crash pad sleeping room looks like. Again, this is pretty standard for the industry and this isn't nearly as crowded as I've seen other places.

Spoiler

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote