View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #1030
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Emory & Henry

Brittany Archer has apparently quit the team. She didn't swim in the first meet and her name doesn't appear on the roster for 2018-19. I have no information on what precipitated this move, as last I heard she was practicing with the team as recently as the first part of October.

Lauren Trotter rejoined the team. Lauren was on the team in 17-18 and was noted in my preview as not returning mostly because she wasn't part of team at the start of workouts. However, she now appears on the team roster, again no word on why the change of heart (maybe I'll get some information from Brett at Thanksgiving). Last year she failed to point at ODACs finishing 19th, 19th, and 20th in her 3 events. A slight improvement and she might be able to slip in the the back end of a B final.

Overall, this swap hurts the team from a swimming perspective. Archer would most likely have earned ODAC points in an event or two, where Trotter will need to make some improvements to get into striking distance. However, Brittany wasn't well liked on the team, so from a morale standpoint it might be an improvement.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-12-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote