Old 11-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #1052
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Roanoke vs. Emory & Henry - RESULTS

Men

Emory & Henry - 45
Roanoke - 213

Notes

- Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) led the Wasps with a second-place finish in the 400-meter freestyle (4:55.18) and a third-place finish in the 200-meter freestyle (2:11.41).
- Freshman Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.) took third in the 800-meter freestyle with a 10:15.13.
- Freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.) was third in the 100-meter breaststroke in 1:19.58 while freshman Tariq Gardner (Richmond, Va.) was third in the 50-meter butterfly (:29.78).

Women

Emory & Henry - 65
Roanoke - 185

Emory & Henry - 107
Hollins - 106*

Notes

- Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) went 2:15.16 in the 200-meter freestyle to pick up her fist win and clocked times of :28.12 and 1:03.82 in the 50- and 100-meter freestyle for victories.
- Junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) posted a runner-up finish in the 100-meter individual medley (1:15.35).
- Freshmen Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) and Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) had third place finishes in the 50-meter backstroke and 100-meter butterfly. Sweigart went :37.95 in the back while Tunstall stopped the watches in 1:13.02 in the fly.

Overview

This was probably Brett's best meet of the season so far.

50 Meter Breast - Brett posted a 36.10, which is faster than the splits he swam earlier in the year when he got rolling starts in relays. So a very nice result. Not really sure why they competed in this event as it isn't present at a championship meet. It could be because the longer the event the wider the spread at the finish given the disparity in talent between the two teams.

100 Meter Breast - Brett dualed one of the Roanoke swimmers for second. He had the lead at the turn but was passed in the back 50. He did post a season best/personal best time in the 100 meter with a 1:19.58, and converted this time is within a tenth of a second of an outright personal best swim.

100 Meter IM - In an amazing outcome, Brett managed to tie teammate Blake at a time of 1:14.55. He was about 1.5 seconds back at the mid point, which isn't a surprise with fly and back as the opening legs. Brett obviously out swam Blake by the same amount on Breast/Free, but honestly, I have to believe Brett actually made up the 1.5 seconds and more in the Breast and then wasn't able to hold off Blake in the Free...because Blake's free is slightly faster than Brett's. But I don't honestly know exactly how that one went down. It would have been a fun one to watch, I wish I had seen it. If I convert this time, it comes out to be around 1:07 and change, which would be a personal best for Brett...

* Hollins only has a women's team

Last edited by Breeze : 01-11-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote