View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 11:23 AM   #1252
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Bear - College Swimming

Today is Bear's signing day. However, with quarantine in place, it's going to be a virtual signing. I'm not exactly sure what's going to transpire, but the school is putting something together. He's having to make a video, and I think they are going to do a drive by to honor him this afternoon. It's a nice sentiment on the team's part. Bear's mostly indifferent about the whole signing thing, and he was even before it became a virtual experience, but in the long run, i'm guessing he'll look back on this fondly.

So it was about 30 cars that drove by honking and cheering for Bear. (we live on a dead end street, so the actually went by twice ) He got some balloons, signs, and some cookies with very detailed icing of the Berry logos. It was a nice effort by the South Forsyth swim team committee to make Bear's "signing" feel special in this surreal environment.

On a funny side note, Bear was bit irritated. This whole thing was a surprise to him, so he wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. The wife did get him to put on a Berry shirt (for a different reason), but he was wearing a dark blue Berry shirt and dark blue sweatpants (looked a lot like their football uniform). Plus he was barefooted.

Last edited by Breeze : 04-30-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote