View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 07:55 AM   #1374
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

A couple of small things to report:

The team is in the middle of doing captain practices, no word really for Bear on how that's going so far. Interestingly, it appears that rather than splitting into the boys and girls teams for practices this season, they are going to split by A final swimmers and B final swimmers. Not sure how good of an idea this is. If your B finals swimmers don't have someone to try and keep up with in practice how are they going to improve significantly. Also, where do the Freshman fit in? They haven't had an opportunity to earn an A finals appearance yet, but there are quite a few that have times necessary to qualify. The suggestion was brought up by the Sr. women's captain and the coach agreed to it, but I believe the main reason for the request was so she and her boyfriend could practice at the same time. That will free up the ~2 hours of practice they would be apart when they attended separate sessions.

I also found out that team practices aren't schedule to start until 9/20. That's only 4 or 5 days before the scrimmage meet and only a couple of weeks before the teams first real meet on 10/9. Seems like a late start to me.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote