View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #1392
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

SCAD vs Berry College - RESULTS

SCAD - 128
Berry - 127

It turned out to be a close meet on Saturday, though probably not as close as the score would indicate. SCAD came in with a surprisingly small roster of just 11 guys. They were led by about 4 to 5 real strong swimmers (all of whom seemed to be 23 years old), but the remainder of the roster was mediocre, so Berry kept it tight with their depth. The margin of victory was impacted by SCADs DQ in the 400 Free Relay at the end of the meet. They won the relay but by getting DQed, Berry pulled to within 1 point. The stupid thing was they were DQed for not exiting the water fast enough during the race.

Bear - when I learned what he was going to be swimming I was concerned about how he'd hold up. A 200 Fly, 500 Free is a tough double, and his tender shoulder was going to make it even harder.

200 Fly - wanted to take it out controlled and build into the race, but fatigue hit early and he ended up swimming a pretty controlled 150, and a gut it out final 50. He finished in a time of 2:05.14 and finished 3rd, behind Ross and one of the good SCAD swimmers.

500 Free - This one he said really started to hurt his shoulder. He ended up swimming the race almost at the same pace as he did against Centre a few weeks back, posting a 5:06.98, but serious concern about the shoulder lingers.

400 Free Relay - Bear took the second leg on the A relay, and he wasn't really happy with his 51.25 second split. Given his schedule for this meet, I figured it was a pretty good swim. He did out-split Billy who swam the 3rd leg by about .2. In addition, the school fielded 3 relay teams and of the other 8 swimmers, only 1, Harrison McNeil - who swam on the A relay at conference, beat his time. In fact, the other 7 weren't even particularly close.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-26-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote