View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 12:21 AM   #2436
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good job to STARS, and especially to hoops, Fouts and MrW, who pretty much saved their side. Although all three did many things to aid their side, the standout moves for them, IMO, was hoops moving the vote from spleen to Glen, Fouts' reveal, and MrW's shot on path. Without those moves (maybe even without just one of those moves), I think it's even chances I and my zombie cohorts might have pulled it off.

I would love to hear more about what was going on in the Umbrella camp, because they had me confused with their moves. When I "revealed", I did so knowing Umbrella would quickly figure out I was the only zombie, and that they couldn't afford to say anything against me (at least not like "Chief Rum is the last zombie", I mean). But I thought that would unify them more in going along with me, at least until we got STARS' numbers down. That never happened, though.

I got very lucky with my kills, getting good rolls. In fact, we succeeded on every night action except for the infection attempt on Fouts.

As path said, we thought we were doomed if the PC could communicate what he or she knew (not knowing there was no such role) after the Lathum vote. Since we voted for Lathum at critical points (first vote, execution vote), and the PC would know who was in STARS, he would be able to guess we were both zombies. Trying to find the chief drove our early kill choices.

We were also terribly unlucky to participate in lynching the creator of the Nemesis.

After Day Three, I was able to make some estimated guesses on everyone's allegiance and was pretty much dead on (of course, I had the advantage of knowing who the zombies were). Unfortunately, I didn't finish that analysis until after Night Three's actions had been executed. Leading up to that, we had thought Fouts was Umbrella, and our choice for him to be the infection victim was based on the idea of getting someone who was PMing with a bunch of other players in the game. We would know for sure exactly what allegiance everyone was, and what roles for everyone in Umbrella. Alas, Fouts was not Umbrella, but STARS, and he was vaccinated anyway.

I was disappointed to see that my analysis--after the fact--placed Fouts pretty solidly as STARS. Had I completed it faster, we likely would have gone after BrianD instead, I think.

hoops made a key decision on Night Four, choosing to not protect Fouts. We were counting on that (him protecting Fouts), so we didn't go after Fouts that night. The next night, when I was then alone and had Fouts as IA and MrW as sniper, I couldn't afford to go after Fouts because I was certain hoops would protect him (and he did). So I killed LSG instead, since I couldn't see why they would bother to protect her.

spleen, you will be my Day One vote in the next game. We just have to kill you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote