View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #160
Radii
Head Coach

Oh, I evaluate everyone, absolutely. I occasionally make offers during the 1st recruiting stage when I'm also evaluating everyone, but I consider it to be a fairly huge risk to do so. If you drop a scholarship on someone, they're done with you. So if you offer a guy w/o scouting, and he scouts out to be decent, but other guys scout better, you've got a really tough call to make. Go after the better guy and risk losing out on both, or settle for the one you chose to jump on. Ick.

So I do scout everyone, I just prioritize recruiting coordinator (get higher rated guys more easily) and coaching assitant (better development and whatever on court improvement that gives) over scouting. In real world terms, consider me an arrogant jerk of a coach who doesn't trust my scout and goes over his head all the time based on my own gut feeling about the player

I do rather frequently choose to recruit a guy in the 40-70 range over a top 10 or top 20 guy based on scouting + stats + the ratings/abilities I prioritize for my players. Its definitely not all blind, I just do it knowing that my scout has a wider margin for error and I make adjustments for that.

Last edited by Radii : 08-17-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote