View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #200
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Not sure how the class will be ranked since there's only two of them, but I'm pretty pleased with Stanford's class as well:

Code:
STANFORD INDIANS Recruiting Name Pos Ht Wt Rating Interest State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carrol Mathewson (39)PG 6-1 192 **** Committed Texas Elian Alvarez (43)PG 6-0 199 **** Committed Arizona

With stud PG Bingham graduating and freshman recruit Mohler disappointing (4.6 points on .391 shooting in 15 minutes per game as our 8th man off the bench) we definitely needed a Point Guard. Other freshman backcourt recruit Stan Dyer has been impressive as our starting 2-guard all year, with 9.6 points, 5.6 rebounds and a .464 shooting percentage...but he's also the only other guard on the roster worth a damn after Bingham leaves. So we needed two guards out of this class. Alvarez, with his insane offensive numbers (11/A, 14/A, 13/A, 9/B per our scout) will probably start at SG over Dyer (who should make a tremendous 6th man), while Mathewson will man the point with his better passing (12/A). Mathewson struggles creating his own shot, but has phenomenal range (10/B jumpers and 16/A three pointers), and between the two incoming guards and standout redshirt freshman Erik Plant (averaging 13.7 points on .514 shooting), we should be able to keep up with any team in the nation on offense. Unfortunately, we're going to have a glaring need at Center in next year's recruiting, as behind Andreas Fontes (a senior next year) we have very little in the way of talent that can hang in the PCC. I'll probably try to see if I can find a JuCo transfer worth his salt while also recruiting a younger guy at the same time.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 09-24-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote