View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #246
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC Manager Update

I finish my talk and head into my office to read the paper. I didn't get to do that this morning, because Tanner "had to talk to me about the team."

I sit down to read and my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Coach, it's Herb Marketing."

The name means nothing to me, and I'm sure I've never set eyes on this guy but I go along, "Morning Herb, what can I do for you?"

"I just got a call from ESPN." I roll my eyes, knowing what's coming. "They was to do a feature on your teams fast start, and they want to get it in before you head to Japan. So when would you like to talk with them?"

"How's never?"

"Ok, let me rephrase," he says in an aggravated tone. "You will meet with them, and I'll schedule it at a time that is convenient for me is you don't pick a time."

"How soon can they be here." I sigh.

"They are already in town." He answers in a perky voice and I'm having thoughts about smaking this guy.

"Fine, tell them to talk with me after the game. Any idea when they want to air this?"

"Next couple of days." he answers then quickly follows up with "Got go, need to contact them with the time," and he hangs up.

I look at the phone and listen to the dial tone. I place it gently in the receiver because it isn't the phones fault I have to do this. Then I say out loud, "Great here comes Jinx number 2".

In hanging up the phone I nudge the morning paper and remember I still haven't read it, so I open it to the baseball section and...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote