View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #140
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
"The things I do for love"

Just watched the episode again, and I want to mention I might not have as much a problem with Cat's not wanting Ned to take the Hand's job. I started thinking about it, and really the change fits more with her character than her reaction in the book, and it might be why Martin signed off on it.

Cat never really shows anything even bordering on ambition for herself or family anywhere else in the books except at the begining in pushing Ned to take the job and letting Sansa betroth Joffery. Her motivations always comes from emotions, chiefly fear. She only shows bravery when she wants to protect her children, and she consistently shows she'd be just as happy if her kids lost titles, power, position, etc. if that meant they grew old and happy. So, maybe they are just letting be more consistent. She wouldn't want Ned, and most especially any of the kids, to go off into least bit of danger if she could help it. It fits more with what she does throughout the rest of the stories.

I totally agree with this assessment.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote