View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

I've saved WareenBomb as a separate file in case I decide to go back to it again, but for now, we'll start over again with full candidates.

Opening Positions
Rick Santorum - 7.9%
Chris Christie - 7.7%
Mike Huckabee - 7.7%
Sarah Palin - 7.6%

Pretty sure Christie and Santorum were flip-flopped last start

Hillary Clinton - 32%
Joe Biden - 9.9%
Andrew Cuomo - 8.9%
Mark Warner - 8.6%

Same basic Top Four as last time.

Our opening strategy is the same as last time - Iowa and New Hampshire in Target State queue, work on upgrading Command Strength, and work on Debate Prep.

Different strategy this time, though re: Endorsements. Forget about them and concentrate on other things like building up infrastructure, Issue Knowledge, and Debate Prep.

Turn 2
Cory Booker Wins Debate (4 Power)
3 Power Clinton Scandal

We finish 8th in the debate, which is what we did in the demo game. Disappointing not getting another 4th, but at least it wasn't a 28 point slam.

Since Issue Knowledge is at 4, the emphasis will be on maintaining that level, and bumping up Debate Prep to 4.

Turn 4
Marco Rubio wins debate (4 Power)
Super Pac 4 Power Attack Ad on Clinton in New Hampshire (Government Spending)

Oh crap. Forgot to update my theme. Hmm Government Spending, Integrity, and Tax Rates. Why not make it wholly economics for now?

Turn 5 Notes
Once New Hampshire and Iowa are targeted states, I not only order a foot soldier each, but amp up the Organization Strength in Iowa - really trying to build that quick momentum when I'm ready to start barnstorming. I do the same to New Hampshire when I have spare CPs in Turn 6.

Turn 11
9 Profile Clinton Scandal

Note: I'm only jotting down 3 or higher power things for now. in today's polls, Joe Biden and Andrew Cuomo are knotted up in Iowa after Clinton's freefall and Tim Kaine takes advantage of the huge scandal to move into a lender leader in Virginia over her and Mark Warner.

We haven't moved yet because we've done no rallying, waiting for the right moment. We are, however, working on maxing out our organizational strength in Iowa and New Hampshire at 3 each while still hitting the debate prep books.

Turn 12
3 Profile Clinton Scandal

Turn 13
+6 Momentum in New Hampshire

Turn 14
3 Power Huckabee Scandal

Foot soldiers complete. More foot soldiers!

Turn 15
6 Power Clinton Scandal
Clinton releases controversial attack ad on Warner

Turn 16
6 Power Biden Scandal

Turn 17
4 Power Clinton Scandal

Turn 18
Andrew Cuomo is now in the lead in Iowa, and New Hampshire is a blank slate battle between Martin O'Malley and John Hickenlooper?! Wow, first time I've seen Hickenlooper do anything at all.
Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine are whiteboarding South Carolina, while Kaine is making Virginia solidly his.

We'll continue to hang back, waiting to make our move until after the debate in a weekish.

Turn 24
3 Profile Palin Scandal
+8 Momentum in Iowa

Couldn't pass up the chance to start something when we had some CP to do so after the second foot soldiers were done.

Turn 25
+10 Momentum in New Hampshire

Iowa: 3.7 (+1.6)
New Hampshire: 12.7 (+4.9)

We're now in the thick of the race in New Hampshire, polling third behind Andrew Cuomo and JohnHickenlooper. Cumo has also seized control of New York and Nebraska from Clinton and is in a two way tie with Joe Biden in Nevada. Amy Kluobacher and Clinton are neck and neck in Ohio, and Martin O'Malley is the new sexy Iowa favorite.

Turn 26
Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal debate to a draw and Marc Rubio scored a -6 to Chris Christie. I think that's what caused the epic meltdown of last game. Warren was the leader in Iowa, so everyone ganged up on her and caused a flipout.

Turn 27
Elizabeth Warren wins Debate - +4 Power
+3 Momentum in New Hampshire

Just barely beat out Martin O'Malley to do it, too. I also had a positive interview on Hardball.

Nevada goes in the target state queue and a foot soldier for Iowa.

Turn 28
+8 Momentum in Iowa

I noticed our background fundraising spiked considerably after that debate win. Good to know.

Turn 29
3 Profile Clinton Scandal

For the first time, I see positive momentum in non-target states, with +2 in Missouri and somewhere else I forgot. Missouri had us in the best position right now, so off to a rally there.

Turn 30
+8 Momentum in Missouri

Colorado was the other state apparently, because we're headed there next for a rally. Not saying they'll become target states, but might as well put in appearances.

Turn 31
+6 Momentum in Colorado
4 Power Warren USA attack ad on Schweitzer in Nevada on War on Terror

Turn 32
+8 Momentum in Nevada
3 Power Warren Scandal

A small concern, but it's a small scandal, so...

Iowa: 9.9 (+6.2) - 4th
New Hampshire: 16.1 (+3.4) - 1st
Nevada: 4.7 (+2.4)
Missouri: 7.3 (+5)
Colorado: 4.3 (+2.6)

Andrew Cuomo Territories
Ohio
Nebraska
New York - We're 9.7 here, a 6.1 jump that has us in distant third behind Cuomo and Clinton

Tim Kaine Territories
Virginia

Whiteout Territories
Texas - tied between Clinton and Warner
Nevada - Schweitzer slightly ahead of Biden
Wyoming - Clinton and Kaine even

Nationally we've jumped to 4.9, so if that little scandal doesn't derail us, we could be looking at the start of the Warren train.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote