View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

It let me click through, so on we go. I cancel improvements in Missouri to try and get CP to fight this scandal.

Turn 131
Bobby Jindal endorses Chris Christie, Withdraws

We fail to spin the scandal

Chris Christie now has over 50% of the national vote, and only he, Rubio, and Ryan are still in the race. FIGHT ON, DOUBLE R!

Turn 132
9 Power Clinton Scandal

WARREN SUCCESSFULLY SPUN WARREN SCANDAL!!!

YES! WE'RE STILL IN THIS, BITCH!

And thank you for that huge Clinton scandal!

We keep spinning because evidently one spin isn't enough to make this scandal go away.

I'm totally not looking at the polls because they'd make me drink and I actually have to do stuff today.

Turn 135
Hmm. Scandal is down to 4 Profile but 0 Power. Wonder if that means anything? Fuck it. Let's spin the Clinton scandal and take her down. There's only one room for one blonde woman in here, Hil!

We'd dropped to 6 CP, but thanks to our spinning we go back up to 7 CP.

Turn 137
*Chris Christie takes Arizona with 62.1% of the vote, earning all 29 seats, wins 52.3% of the vote in Michigan for another 19 seats, but Paul Ryan grabs 11 seats from Michigan by getting 30.7% of the vote.
*Gary Johnson smashes Jesse Venture in Arizona for all seats, but splits the Michigan delegates 20 to 10 with him thanks to the Body getting 31.7% of the vote.

Hard to say how many delegates Clinton lost thanks to the scandal and our furious spinning of it, but Booker's rise shocked me. We got 1% of the vote. Whatever.

Good thing we got out in front of that scandal - While we've now dropped to third, with Warner jumping ahead of us nationally, we've staunched the bleeding enough that we should still win at least a few Super Tuesday states. Meanwhile, Hillary just keeps getting hit again and again by that scandal as we pour all our CPs every turn into it.

Turn 137
Marco Rubio endorses Chris Christie, withdraws
3 Power Republicans ahead of Democrats in polls

I'm frankly disappointed everyone bowed out of the Republican race and made Christie the de facto candidate so quickly. Means hard slogging for whoever wins this brutal Democrat fight.

Turn 138
3 Power Warren not on campaign trail

Shit. That's an easy fix, though.

Time to drop the Clinton attack ad all over the United States. Unfortunately the only ad I've got in a state that's a war zone is Georgia, but every little bit helps.

Turn 140
+6 Momentum in Tennessee
6 Power Clinton Scandal

Yeah we'll just keep hammering away at her.

Turn 141
Christie owns Washington
Johnson does the same and it's the first time since Iowa he's moved past Venture in delegate count

Michigan gets a target and we're putting a foot soldier there.

Turn 142
+10 Momentum in Ohio

Turn 143
+3 Momentum in Georgia

Turn 144
In a very uncomfortable thing, Chris Christie has 666 delegates to Paul Ryan's 91 after the day's events, which is an all-Christie sweep

Gary Johnson mops the floor with Jesse Ventura in every state, too.

And then the Democrats. I'm not going to post the screenshots because they have total seat spoilers, so I'll go line by line for people who got delegates in each state or Top 3, whichever is deeper

Colorado
Andrew Cuomo - 17.6% - 47 seats
Elizabeth Warren - 15.4% - 38 seats
Cory Booker - 14.2%

We bounced back and forth on this one all throughout the primary season, so to recover from the scandal to force a split is nicely done, I think. Amy Klobuchar is last with 1.7%

Georgia
Elizabeth Warren - 26.2% - 68 seats
Mark Warner - 25.1% - 56 seats
Andrew Cuomo - 13.9%

The scandal really cost us a bigger victory here. Georgia was in our back pocket all throughout until the scandal hit, and then we had to fight to stay intact. Klobuchar again last with 1.6%

Massachusetts
Elizabeth Warren - 30.8% - 64 seats
Hillary Clinton - 15.6% - 36 seats
Martin O'Malley - 15.5% - 36 seats

Once we were assured of the state, we did no campaigning. Maybe we should have to try and get all the delegates. Lesson learned for next time, I suppose. Klobucher again with 1.3%, and I have to think she's done after this.

Minnesota
Andrew Cuomo - 19.8% - 39 seats
Martin O'Malley - 17.8% - 39 seats
Hillary Clinton - 15.5% - 29 seats

This is where you see the scandal really hurting Hillary. Up until the back to back slams, she was leading the state pretty comfortably, and now she finished what has to be a very disappointing third. We were last with 4%, but whatever.

Missouri
Elizabeth Warren - 24.6% - 66 seats
Cory Booker - 15.5% - 36 seats
Andrew Cuomo - 14.7%

Another state Hillary looked poised to take but she had bad luck at just the wrong time. I'm stunned to see Booker surge as much as he did here. Klobuchar goes back to 1.8%, as she got a hometown boost in Minnesota to keep her out of the cellar.

Ohio
Hillary Clinton - 15.7% - 221 seats
Elizabeth Warren - 13.5%
Andrew Cuomo - 12.7%
Amy Klobuchar - 12.7%

WOW! I was not expecting a 2nd place finish in Ohio, given how far back we were when we started paying attention to it. Didn't stop Hil from getting arguably a campaign saving all the seats here. Booker finished last with 4.1%

Oklahoma
Martin O'Malley - 23.4% - 27 seats
Hillary Clinton - 22.7% - 23 seats
Mark Warner - 12.2%

Honestly disappointed with how we did here, finishing 6th with 7%. Booker last again with 2%

Puerto Rico
Andrew Cuomo - 21.5% - 16 seats
Mark Warner - 16% - 10 seats
Martin O'Malley - 12.6% - 9 seats
Elizabeth Warren - 12.2% - 9 seats
Hillary Clinton - 12.1% - 9 seats
Joe Biden - 8.8% - 4 seats
Tim Kaine - 8.4% - 4 seats
Cory Booker - 5.8% - 3 seats
Amy Klobuchar - 2.7% - 3 seats

The scandals did *not* play well in Puerto Rico at all. We were fighting it out with Hillary for the island pretty much all primary season, and then we tanked hard in the weeks leading up to it. Even then, I'm shocked - I thought we would finish 2nd at worst.

Tennessee
Elizabeth Warren - 22.6% - 50 seats
Joe Biden - 18.1% - 41 seats
Mark Warner - 14.9%

Super Tuesday continues to be a Clinton disaster. Another state she had gained control of and then lost late. I'm thrilled we charge back to take the victory - I didn't think we were going to. Booker's 2% brought up the rear.

Texas
Elizabeth Warren - 27% - 173 seats
Mark Warner - 16.7% - 94 seats
Hillary Clinton - 12.3%

We poured the most resource into Texas of any state, and it paid off massively for us. When the campaign began, we were a minor footnote, and now we just won convincingly in one of the biggest states in the country. YEE HAW! Klobuchar - 2.5%

US Virgin Islands
Hillary Clinton - 20.8% - 5 seats
Andrew Cuomo - 17.2% - 4 seats
Elizabeth Warren - 15.4% - 4 seats

To be honest, I stopped caring about this territory once I realized it only had 12 delegates. 2.1% for Klobuchar

Vermont
Hillary Clinton - 18.9% - 27 seats
Andrew Cuomo - 14.8%
Amy Klobuchar - 13.2%

Very divided state, evidenced by Joe Biden's 5.4% as the lowest percentage.

Virginia
Tim Kaine - 27.9% - 80 seats
Mark Warner - 18.5% - 43 seats
Andrew Cuomo - 13.5%

Klobuchar with 2.2%. This one was never in danger of going to anyone but Kaine, and they represent almost all of his 84 seats.

Here's the picture after Super Tuesday

Current Delegate Count
Elizabeth Warren - 573
Hillary Clinton - 399
Mark Warner - 203
Andrew Cuomo - 143
Martin O'Malley - 111
Joe Biden - 89
Tim Kaine - 84
Cory Booker - 60
Amy Klobuchar - 38

Projected Delegate Counts
Hillary Clinton - 1949
Mark Warner - 1045
Elizabeth Warren - 995
Martin O'Malley - 472
One of the orange people - 469
The other orange person - 319
Joe Biden - 92
Tim Kaine - 86
Cory Booker - 62

Still a lot of work to do if we want to get that nomination.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote