View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Terps
College Prospect

'Rebuilding' For 12 Years - Baltimore Orioles (OOTP X)

April 4th, 2009

A new season is about to begin in a beautiful city and once great baseball town. The fans have had enough. The Baltimore Orioles have not had a winning season since 1998 and have only finished higher than fourth place once in that span (2004.) Claimed to have been rebuilding for years, but seeing a revolving door or managers, and GM's only met with meddling owner Peter Angelos. Angelos signed washed up and overpaid veterans for many seasons and interfered with numerous GM's and nixed trades and free agent signings.

Andy MacPhail stepped in as the new GM, and Angelos seems to have let him have free reign in turning the franchise around.

I will step in as the virtual Andy MacPhail to continue on in an actual rebuilding effort.

Coaches and scouting are on, ratings are 1-5, and overall/potential is not displayed. Trades are set on hard and favor prospects. Waivers are on, but I've implemented a house rule that any player that I want to claim has to be traded for.

I've already gone through the 2009 season, but I'll recap it month by month until I'm up to the offseason, which is where I stand now. Then for the 2010 season, I'll probably sim week by week, and then posts the results after each month.

Next up, the roster.

Last edited by Terps : 09-25-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote