View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The #1 HS team in the nation - Grayson - opens the season against McEachern in the Georgia Dome as part of the Corky Kell Kickoff Classic. If you wonder why they're so highly regarded, look no further than the defense Grayson could have seven FBS signees on its defense this season. What's the record? We don't know. But Grayson's seven will line up something like this - DE Robert Nkemdiche (Clemson), DE Jack Banda (Arizona), DT Zach Barnes (Tennessee), OLB Wayne Gallman (Clemson), DB David Kamara (Clemson), DB Ryan Carter (Ole Miss offer, and others) and DB Kasey Gaines (offer from Penn State). "And that doesn't include one of our best players, Jordan Germany," said Grayson coach Mickey Conn, who expresses amazement that Germany doesn't have similar offers. "He's unbelievable." Germany is the outside linebacker opposite Gallman and also plays running back.
We're heading to the Dome to watch the game this morning...I know Grayson is all this and all that, but don't count out McEachern. I've watched the boys in the junior class play ball since they were little guys (my daughter is a junior cheerleader for McEachern) and have never seen a more talented bunch of kids...IIRC, that age group was undefeated all the way from pee wee football all through JV. The QB, Ty (Tee) Clemons, is phenominal, but for his first varsity start to be against the #1 high school defense in the nation...in the freaking Georgia Dome...is probably going to be a bit overwhelming for him. If Tee can keep his head on straight, they have chance...if not, it may be a long day for the Indians.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote