View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 AM   #122
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
It's a headache when she doesn't distance herself from him. Instead, she gets mad at you for being jealous. They're "just friends" after all so it's totally fine for him to (insert totally not-fine behavior) because "he doesn't think of me like that!". It's a headache when he doesn't play nice, but instead actively works against you and she, for whatever reason, can't see it.

But the fact that DT has this information about the dude's feelings already, presumably from her, suggests she already knows how dude feels about her, so I'm not seeing that as an issue.

Like I said before, dude is so encased in friends zone ice that he's not a threat. Guys like that, I don't worry about. He's not going to want to deal with DT if he can help at all, so DT's interactions with him will pretty much be limited to when he's hanging out with girl and dude in whatever setting.

In fact, guys like that, I'm sure to be really nice to, because they've lost and they'll never, ever win with that girl. This has the benefit of reducing the chance of his attempting to engage in insurgency (not that it's going to do anything other than piss her off if she has any intelligence at all, FWIW) while simultaneously making me look like a champ to girl because I'm so cool with dude.

Full disclosure: I've been dude before. The boyfriends that were suspicious or wary of me didn't last. The ones that were welcoming of me from the get go lasted a long time (both ended up in marriage, but the first one revealed his true colors after they got married, which blindsided everyone).

And no, I didn't try to act against any of them or anything like that. I wouldn't want somebody trying to play me like that, so I didn't.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote