View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #14
Radii
Head Coach

I sim one more game so I can set up to play against a bad team, I want to win one this year as much as I want to just get some progress made after all

December 19 - Utah(14-12) at Charlotte(8-16)

And like last time, we pull off an upset win against a far better team. Felton 18, Murray 15, Wallace 13. Deron Williams with 25, Boozer with 24.

Charlotte 95, Utah 93

December 20, 2009

Charlotte(9-16) at New York(x-x)

CHA:NYK
74:75 OVR
66:75 OFF
78:75 DEF

New York Scouting

PG Nate Robinson - 77 OVR - 13.7 ppg/4.8 apg - Robinson scouts out as a pretty good ball handler for a PG, an above average scorer outside and an above average defender.

SG - Larry Hughes - 74 OVR - 13.3 ppg - Currently hampered by a strained quad, Hughes is a decent outside shooter and defener.

SF Wilson Chandler - 72 OVR - 12.7 ppg/5.9 rpg - B- inside, B- outside, a below average defender.

PF Nene - 75 OVR - 11.3 ppg/8.2 rpg - Traded from Denver earlier in the year, Nene gives the Knicks a pretty solid frontcourt. A better scorer inside than Lee according to the ratings, but not quite as good on defense.

C - David Lee - 75 OVR - 15.2 ppg/10.2 rpg - Lee is pretty good inside, pretty good on D, pretty good on the boards, he's smart and a decent Athlete as well.

The Knicks starting 5 doesn't rate out all that badly, they just lack a star.

Chris Duhon is the 6th man, a 70 rated PG averaging 9 ppg. Rookie Toney Douglas is rated 68 OVR and is averaging 5.2 ppg in just 12 minutes/game. Eddie Curry and Jared Jeffries are rated in the low-mid 60s and are the bigs off the bench.

First Quarter

Charlotte 23
New York 21

I seem to struggle out of the gates every game, we fall behind 8-0 here in the first 3 minutes before waking up. Wallace has 11 and is looking very good early. Nate Robinson has 7 to lead the Knicks, he's 3-9 from the field though, he seemed to force up a lot of shots.

2nd Quarter

Charlotte 50
New York 41

One of the best quarters I've played so far. We're holding the Knicks to 37% from the floor, we're at 48% ourselves. The Knicks tied it once early in the quarter but we led by 6 or so most of the way. Wallace and Felton rested most of the quarter. Bell has 11, Wallace 11 for us at the half. Diaw with 8. Their starting SF Chandler has 10, Toney Douglas with 7 and Nate Robinson still has 7, he sat most of the quarter too.

3rd Quarter

New York 77
Charlotte 62

what? Jesus. We go totally cold and New York doesn't miss a damn thing... holy crap. Wallace 15, Bell 14. Their man Chandler, their worst starter by far, has 22 points.

4th Quarter

6:25 to go - We cut the lead down to 10 in what has become a very high scoring quarter. Its 94-84. New York started the quarter off with two 3's and a 3 point play, just ugly for us. Fouls are out of control, the Knicks have 9, we have 5. Augustin just hit a 3 to cut it to 10.

5:25 to go - 94-89! Augustin gets Darko on him and blows by him, drawing a foul and hitting two free throws. Darko then misses a hook on the other end and Augustin is out on the break for a 3 point play. He's got 8 in a row for us in a 60 second span.

3:15 to go - 99-96 Knicks. Eddy Curry throws a pass out of bounds, Chandler(their chandler) sinks a 3, and Tyson Chandler for us has a couple free throws. This game is a sign to change the foul sliders more hah.

2:25 to go - 102-98. Another 3 for the Knicks, a pretty nice looking play where a guy comes off a screen and I can't get out in time on him. Bell with a drive for 2 on our end. Timeout Knicks.

1:50 to go - 102-100! Curry misses a shot in the post and Gerald Wallace gets a smaller guy on him and takes it inside for a bucket. Wallace has been a big part of this giant 4th quarter, he's up to 30 for the game.

1:08 to go - 106-104. Each team scores on two straight possessions. Knicks ball, up 2 with a minute left.

0:46 to go - 106-104. Turnover Knicks! I'm not sure exactly what happened here, just a bad pass, or we tipped a ball but it ended up going off of Nate Robinson... either way, our ball with a shot to tie.

0:35 to go - 107-106 Charlotte!! Raja Bell gets a step on Nate Robinson and makes it to the basket,he's hammered by Darko and gets the ball into the net!

Nate Robinson goes up in the air but kicks it back to Duhon who misses an open 3. They get the offensive board, Robinson goes one on one against Bell and takes a shot from 18 feet out, its off the rim, we rebound with 2 seconds left and hold on to win!!

Charlotte 107
New York 106

So we get the win but its kinda ridiculous. Charlotte commits 17 fouls. New York commits 35. About 15 of those were in this insane 4th quarter. More adjustments coming there. We shot 45% from the field compared to 47% from the Knicks. We were terrible from 3 though(3/14).

Wallace: 32 points/4 boards
Bell: 21 points
Augustin: 15 points/3 assists (2-4 from 3)
Diaw: 11 points/5 boards
Felton: 10 points/4 assists
Chandler: 8 points/11 boards

The Knicks' Wilson Chandler scores 36 on 13-21 shooting. Hughes 15, Duhon 13, Toney Douglas with 10. Nate Robinson has 9 points/7 assists.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote