View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #47
Radii
Head Coach

Coaching Staff

I make no changes to my coaching staff, due to having no budget room. Both Larry Brown and Phil Ford have their contracts expire after this upcoming season and that frees up 5.5 million(over half the staff budget).

Team/Player Options

C Alexis Ajinca - 44 OVR - $1.47M Team Option - DECLINED
-- Obvious. Player sucks.

SF Derrick Brown - 68 OVR - 762K Team Option - ACCEPTED
-- With my focus on bringing around Gerald Henderson, Brown's playing time suffered massively and he is unhappy. He wants a trade. If I can get a young, similarly rated big man in trade for Brown it'd be a good thing.

PF Vladimir Radmanovic - 53 OVR - $6.88M Player Option - DECLINED
-- He sucked, I'm really glad he declined obviously.

C Nazr Mohammed - 59 OVR - $6.88M Player Option - ACCEPTED
-- No Surprise, he got playing time, so of course he hangs around.

C Tyson Chandler - 74 OVR - $12.60M Player Option - ACCEPTED
-- Also no surprise, but sad. That's a lot of cash.

Noteworthy Options Around the League

Lebron James - $17.15M Player Option - DECLINED

Kobe, Wade, Bosh, Amare Stoudamire, Paul Pierce, Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitski all have player options of $17 million or more and all ACCEPT.

All recent draftees with team options(Durant, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Westbrook, etc) were obvoiusly picked up.

Player Re-signing

Felton is the only guy I have outstanding. On day 1 of 8, Felton wants 4 years starting at just over 7 million, ending at around 9.25 million/year. His overall rating went up 2 points from 74 to 76, he's not a bad PG but I'm not sure about all that.

I don't want to lose my 2nd best player with the unknowns of my first offseason. I end up offering a couple contracts that get rejected before going with a 4 year deal that starts at $6.92 million and increases 10% each year, worth exactly 9 million 4 years from now.

This signing takes me about $1 million over the salary cap, but again, I'm keeping the known entity for now. Its next year that my big contracts start to come off the books and I have options.

Draft Lottery

We're the 5th worst team with an 8.8% chance at the #1 pick.

The worst 14 teams in the lottery:

1. Milwaukee
2. Chicago
3. Phoenix
4. Sacramento
5. Charlotte
6. Memphis
7. Oklahoma City
8. New Orleans
9. Detroit
10. New York
11. Toronto
12. LA Clippers
13. Denver
14. New Jersey

We end up as the luckiest team in the draft as far as moving up. We don't get the top pick but we bump up to #2 overall!

Draft Order

1. Chicago
2. Charlotte
3. Sacramento
4. Milwaukee
5. Phoenix
6. Memphis
7. Oklahoma City
8. New Orleans
9. Detroit
10. New York
11. Toronto