View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of January

An agent comes to me with a project already to go. It’s a film called The Bottom Line, a Teen Comedy. He has stars already lined up – Helena Bonham Carter ,Will Smith, Ashley Judd. It has 5 star dialogue, 2 star intelligence, 4 star plot twists, 2 pace and 5 for its genre elements. It had a minor director and producer attached as well.

I don’t want to release anything that’s not that smart, but this project is ready to go. All I have to do is find some supporting roles, and pay it. I will be spending 49 million on the negative (largely off the cost to hire Smith) and 126 total for everything.

After consideration, I decide to do it. It will take 9 months total to complete, and it will be interesting to see what a Will Smith film will do in the box office.

Several actors and actresses are announcing that they will not be a part of New Hollywood. These people have retired – Judi Dench, Vanessa Redgrave, Olympia Dukakis, Gena Rowlands, Rip Torn, Frank Langella, Alan Arkin, Phillip Baker Hall, Morgan Freeman, Peter O’Toole, Burt Reynolds, Robert Redford, Ian Holm, Donald Sutherland, and Albert Finney.

I round out the project with Emily Blunt, David Krumholtz and Paul Dano.

I also pay 4 million for Will Smith to do some songs for an R&B and Hip-Hop soundtrack for the film.

The Bottom Line has begun pre-production.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote