View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:48 AM   #398
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Northern Division Meet - Day 2

Brett - Prelims

Again, I was not there for the Prelims, so I can only provide the basics based on times

200 IM – 2:36.04 – Brett's improved fly lead to a personal best time of 2:33.50, and a spot in the B finals.

200 Breast – 2:42.45 – Swam an almost identical time to his personal best, off by just .11 seconds 2:42.56, in A final

200 Back – 2:35.40 – again time was almost identical to seed...2:35.55, in B final

------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALS

Did get to see the finals...and I also learned that Brett wasn't terribly focused during this day, as Bailey provided us with pictures some of the other girls texted her of Brett with strange hair styles, which were created by the girls at the meet. He was apparently their play-thing for the down time, and I'm sure he loved every second of it...and I can't say as I blame him, but it doesn't really lead to best performances.

200 IM – 2:33.50 – In the final, the fatigue from the day made the fly a bit tougher for him as he added almost a full second from the morning swim on the split, and fell way behind the remainder of the pool...The back leg was also slightly slower, but in the breast Brett felt he was close enough to catch the swimmer in the lane next to him, so he pushed hard and swam that split exactly 1 second faster and he had reeled in the swimmer he was shooting for...then in the Free he raced that kid for the 50, dropped 2.5 seconds in that leg, beat the kid next to him, plus the swimmer on the outer lane on the opposite end of the pool to the wall. He posted a personal best time of 2:31.32...and finished 18th overall.

200 Breast – 2:42.45 – Breast was good, but slower at a 2:43.35...still needs to get better pullouts...

200 Back – 2:35.40 – Picked up the effort in the back a bit, still deliberate with the arms, but the kick was more sound and he posted a personal best time of 2:33.40

Sorry. I just had to.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote