View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The match against Stuttgart has arrived. If we have an apocalyptic win, we will make it to the Quarter Finals. We are all ready to go, right here at home. I start controlling to see if we can dominate the match early. We don’t and I pull back to counter in the 14th. I got a phone call and had to take it – quick summary. We won 3-2, and do not advance. Skolnik gave away a Penalty Kick, which was sunk. If we had not, this would have been 3-1 and OT would have happened. Freire scored on Skolnik corner kick, Defederico scored before I pulled him due to a yellow card, and Djaniny got a lovely pass from Rondon for a score.

We are out of the European Competition. We made 350k for getting that far. Porto lost yesterday against Juventus badly, so they are out too. Portugal bows out of the completion.

I begin countering in today’s match in Maritimo. They score early, and then its quiet for a bit befor ewe each get in some unanswered attacks. Djaniny to Rondon for our retort in the 38th. Then Defederico sinks a DKF and gets a yellow right before half time. The next half is underway. We have serious pressure as the next half opens up. I pull Matias for Javi, and then order us to mark and hassle more. Let’s keep them off the ball. Peratta stops two major attacks, and an on target DFK. Then they launch in a corner, it bounces a bit, and is finished and the score is 2-2. I pull Djaniny for Adriano. I pull Martins for Sequeira. Once again, Adriano’s shots are no where near target in a tight race. I pout him in because of his speed, but he often doesn’t do well. Game. We tied them 2-2. MOM is Defederico.

Ah well. That was a real opportunity to help finish in the Top 3. We fall from 2 to 3. If we had beaten Maritimo, then we would have made it really tough for them to have come back.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote