View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is the first leg in the Taca de Portugal Semi Finals against Sporting. The other semis are Maritimo vs Porto. Maritimo lost 1-2 on the road. Now its our turn. Get revenge! I order them to initiate the game defensively. Cadeais gets a lovely assist from Defederico in the 5th minute for a goal early on. Mexer picked up a knock. I swap in Rodrigues. They start pushing a lot so I tell my lads to retain possession, mark and tackle harder. Even before that words gets out, they score in the 11th minute. DFK by Skolnik is there in the 15th. They collect a yellow four minutes later. Defederico also sinks a DFK in the 32nd minute. Yay set pieces! They get another yellow. I pull off my hassling. I don’t want to get a bunch either. And then Defederico gets a Skolnik assist and scores on a break away. My midfielders are running this game. That was just a magical half. 4-1 with a defensive strategy. But we have allowed a team to come back 4-1 on the road (Maritimo) so no assumptions. Sporting can certainly do it. . Keep it going. Another great shot is stopped by them. Skolnik really seems to have increased his game in the latter half of the year. I put in Javi and Nuno Campos. Rondon with a great assist to Espinosa and he came that close to a hat trick today, the GK had a brilliant stop. We win 4-1, on the road, against Sporting, in the League Cup Semis. That’s a big win! MOM was Defederico

Really special lads!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote