View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #169
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We paid out 100k in bonuses, and won 300k.

Alright, time to focus on finding a few new players for our squad. Cenk Tosun did not work out. We are losing Defederico. Should I resign Skolnik? He came on in the second half of the season. I have a guy coming in for him. Should I bring him back for competition? Should I sell Adriano? If so, will I need another ST in addition to the one I’m hunting, or will my youth players of Jardel and Jorge Agra be enough?

So, we need answers. The first one is the Skolnik question. I cannot believe a player of his caliber has not gotten an offer from someone. No team is tracking him. I’m expecting to run Espinosa in the AMC role. He’s a natural at it, and now that’s he’s been her e a year, he’s even better. Maybe Skolnik is just back from his injury fully now…

We still have Lucas Castro coming in. And actually, he can play AMC too. I could slot him in for Defederico, sign Skolnik, and keep the band together.

We have a huge transfer remaining right now. 1.21 mill. I could go shopping to see what I can uncover. You know, the more I think about it, the more I like Castro as the AMC and Skolnik as the ML. I may make that happen, but let’s look around. I’m not happy with Mexer’s play this year. Too many mistakes, and M. Rodrigues is leaving. I might want to bring in a real DC to really be a threat back there. Or I could bring in a nasty DMC and drop Andrei Marc to DC. I offer Djaniny a better deal financially. He’s good, but he’s not amazing. But we already have the guy signed for a bajillion years. He’s outplayed his contract, and the second most expensive player on my team after Defederico. He’s also improved a bit here and there, and he’s just 24. We’re comfortable with him.

Alright, my plan is to use Jardel/Arga like I used Joaquim Sousa this past year. Cenk was supposed to be my Sousa replacement, that didn’t work out. He can head back to Turkey. So I need to sell Adriano, and bring in someone to be that 2nd/3rd person around Djaniny. The reliable sub off the bench or the occasional starter.

That’s my first need.

Second need – I wanted to sign a good FB backup, but we were just made one. Joao Luis Rodrigues will be on my first team as a primary backup for the DR and DL spots. That’s no longer a need.

GK – Jose Mereira is getting better and better. Assuming Peratta retires at the end of next season, will he be ready to go as a starter at the age of 19? That’s young to be a starter GK at this level. But he is sexy.

DC – Last year, Friere was the worse of the two, this year it was Mexer. Both of these guys are solid. Hernani Costa is my DC of the future. Perhaps I should consider a hot prospect DC to run alongside them, instead of a fully developed one? I could keep Mexer around another year, and see what develops. That’s a good idea.

We are losing – Carlos Mariano, Sequeira, David crespo, Nuno Campos, Miguel Rodrigues, and Diogo Coelho, in addition to the obvious Cenk Tosun, Dejan Skolnik and Defederico.

That’s a loss of quite a bit of midfield backups and rotation folks. I consider Sequeira for a one year extension as a squad rotation player. We’ll bump Sequeira’s salary up to 2k a year and a one year rotation extension. I think that’s a good answer to help our depth.

We also get back a ton of loanees.

So the first thing I want to do is search up a nice Striker. I have some cash, and I don’t need too much (although if I wind up with a massively good guy, I won’t turn him down – I can move Djaniny to backup again). If I bring in a ST too young with potential, he’ll compete with Jardel/Arga.

I find a guy and make an offer – Chilean Francisco Castro.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote