View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #1790
st.cronin
General Manager

I thought JHandley and Antmeister both played very well. I also thought LSG and Schmidty played very strong games, with the exception of what I considered some shaky night moves.

I agree with Alan that its not easy to set the game balance. I think this is the most properly balanced game I've conceived, and went the way it did mostly because of luck. I like my games to be a little mysterious in terms of mechanics (hidden roles, uncertainty about what exactly a given role does, etc), and I think that tends to hurt the wolves more than the village.

Once again I want to admit that the Dodgerchick "incident" was ENTIRELY my fault. Not only should I have been clearer in the instructions about the nature of the pms, but she actually sent me a pm before the incident talking about being a wolf. I was really puzzled by it, but never got around to responding and asking what the heck she was talking about. In retrospect, I think I agree with Neon and the others who said that the proper solution was to simply remove her from the game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote