View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #26
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Those were good posters that I definitely didn't agree with on much but still respected and appreciated their opinions. However I don't think they were banned and even though their suspensions might have happened in other threads they definitely let the political threads get the best of them. I fully admit I head over to those and sometimes get tangled up in the debate but outside of wasting some work time or free time at home trying to "nail somebody" on how they are "wrong" don't understand how anyone gets the feathers rustled that much by random internet people with different opinions than them.

If you don't like the politics threads you don't have to go in them. The FOFC experience is less than it was because of the posters the mods have driven off. At this stage the the board's existence, posters and posting should be promoted and encouraged, not discouraged. We're not a bunch of teenagers posting dick picks or something. Nobody needs a time out, nobody is safer for the loss of these posters. I get how you don't understand how people get their "feathers rustled" on a message board, but I don't understand why those kinds of posters are a drawback for the board or how they negatively impact you or anyone else. I found the board a lot more entertaining when it had more colorful characters. Reddit has kind of become what FOF used to be.

Edit: And I know all these posters weren't permanently banned, but at this stage in the board's existence, every pointless boxing carries that risk of lengthy or permanent departures. To what gain?

Last edited by molson : 04-23-2015 at 12:46 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote