Thread: Old School
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #10
hollmt
High School Varsity

Been a bit since the last update, that I know you are all excited for.
Things are going well. Midterm time. Chem 101 midterm is tomorrow morning and A&P 101 Midterm is next Friday. A&P midterm was scheduled incorrectly by the instructor, so she actually extended it a bit (she has made lots of scheduling mistakes this semester and offered quite a few extensions). Either way, it benefits me for extra study time/dedication to both classes this week and next.

I think I am ready for the Chem midterm. Some things I was finding frustrating the first go round (mol/gram/atom or molecule conversion) really started to click this week in reviews and I figured out some memory tricks. Plus you know...practice. We are allowed to take/given the table of elements, some formulas (I have most memorized anyway) and some other information (polyatomic ion name list) and the soluble/insoluble combo chart for the exam. I have the table of element ion shit memorized in regards to the cations/anions and some other stuff so I can quickly jot that down on the periodic table when I sit down for the exam.

Funny side note. GF and I were watching 'Allied' last weekend and Nazi dude asks Brad Pitt the formula for Phosphate and I rattled it off along w/ the ionic charge and was all proud of myself for doing so. It's the little things, man.

I am sitting on a 98.5 % I think for the class so far. My goal for the midterm is a 90. 100 questions and 2 hours long. Ill know my score immediately, so I'll update soon after with that info and the rest of the chem course.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote