Thread: Old School
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #17
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Actually very interested.

I am 43 myself, turn 44 in November. I have been in sales for quite a while.

I have an associates degree in Comp Sci but I am tired of sales, and I am looking at going back to school, this time for something I love...so I am torn in between..

Do I hit the Environmental Science or Geology degree I want...or Do I go get my history degree and teaching certificate and go into teaching for the next 20 years so I can coach HS Football here.

This is exactly where I am at in my life. I work in Healthcare Tech, and have a history of retail management and other IT work and I am beyond doing that for the next 25 years. Not going to happen. When it comes down to it, I just want to be proud of the work I do and be happy doing it. Something worthwhile. And I am sure someone out there will say the job I do is worthwhile to someone, but really, to me, it is not. I can offer more than writing logic for some claim so you get paid faster.

If there is even an spark of you wanting to change what you do, do it. And if you have that support system at home, DO IT! Maegan is extremely supportive of me and my choice. It does help that we are financially stable and can afford me not doing full-time work for 2 years, but regardless, if the support system isn't there, it will make it harder I would think.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote