View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #25
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It wasn't critically panned, though it was a financial disaster for Disney, who has now has completely stalled the future Star Wars movie release production schedule aside from Episode 9.

Yep. For reference, it got 70% from Rotten Tomatoes, which, while isn't the upper echelons, is decent. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Solo: A Star Wars Story grossed $213.8 million in the United States and Canada, and $179.1 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $392.9 million.[11] With an estimated production budget of $275 million,[10] the film needed to gross at least $500 million worldwide to break even.[103][104]

I do think that people just got Star Wars fatigue far quicker than Disney thought they would. Probably should have held off on the separate films until after the sequel trilogy.

From my own experience. I saw Rogue One in the theater, along with Episode 7 and Episode 8. I did not see Solo in the theater. I don't know how much that was because I wasn't all that interested in a Solo backstory film and how much of it was because I really thought Episode 8 was meh (and Solo came very soon afterwards).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-05-2019 at 10:57 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote