View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #353
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update

At the beginning of this season I was looking at the new times for State Cuts and for Sectional Cuts and I noticed that Bear's strong swim at Long Course State in the 1500 Meters was under the time for a 1650 Sectional Cut using the conversion methods. We weren't sure if that was applicable or if he was going to have to swim the event to qualify, but yesterday we confirmed that he is qualified for Sectionals in the 1650...so he'll be swimming the 1000 and the 1650 at the Sectional Meet in March.

I have to say I'm so proud of him. If you don't recall, last year in short course, Bailey started late due to a shoulder injury, but came on like gangbusters and earned several Sectional Cuts...(6, I think). Bear was killing it at the beginning of the season, but then he hit a growth spurt and really struggled, with the exception of the 500, where he was challenging for the Sectional Cut from the first time he swam it. Twice he finished within a blink of an eye of earning the cut, but he never actually got it. We allowed him to swim at Sectionals thinking the big stage, adrenalin, etc. would spur him on to the cut, but instead he put too much pressure on himself and he had a terrible swim. This year he's earned the rigth to be there...Twice...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote