View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #400
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

ESSZ Age Group Championships- DAY 4 RESULTS

Bailey

200 Fly – 2:32.07 – Bailey raced this one, in a very similar method to how she raced it at state. She went out conservatively, and built from there, but this time the opening conservative split for the 100 was 1.3 seconds faster than a month ago. She also managed to swim the back half only fractionally slower than the state meet and she posted a personal best time of 2:30.64

100 Back – 1:08.69 – Bailey got a good start here, but she never seemed to get the race going. I'm not sure if she was nervous because she didn't have this cut coming in, or if she just didn't have it this day...but she added just over a full second 1:09.73

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

200 Fly – 2:34.44 – Bear forgot to take his inhaler before this race, and while I don't know that he actually needed it, I do think it bothered him, as he breathed much more than he normally does in this race. Bear really trys to limit his breathing normally, and because he didn't it cost him in this race...though not significantly...he only added almost a second, indicating to me that he's still in good shape in the fly and will be dropping time moving forward (assuming he doesn't lose the rhythem of the stroke again)...2:35.14

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Breeze : 03-26-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote