View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:49 AM   #771
Radii
Head Coach

We've got 4 games left in our non-conference schedule, 3 against total cupcakes, and a 4th that we really, really ought to win.

December 14, 2020

at Florida State 77
Florida Gulf Coast 55

who? Moye with 19, Ozier 12, Sneed 12.

Dec 17, 2020

SC Upsate 69
at Florida State 45

This was a home game against a team rated 67 OVR. Ozier with 13. No foul troubles that I see. Moye shoots 3-13. Sneed 3-9. The bench contributes a total of 6 points. Oof.

Dec 26, 2020

at Florida State 68
VMI 52

Sneed 13, Ozier and Forte 11, McCants 9. Moye 2-11 for 5 points!

and this was the only game I thought we might lose:

Dec 30, 2020

at Florida State 69
Penn 60

Sneed with 19, Moye 13, Ozier 10.

So with that we enter ACC play. We're 8-4, with 1 good win and a couple crappy losses. We are lucky this year in that we get to play Virginia and Miami both twice. If we can win all four of those games, and manage in some fashion to split the rest, we're 10-6 in the ACC, and we're 18-10. And most likely if that happens, we're on the bubble. But I don't think any more than that is really realistic. We get a legit chance to fight for a tournament bid

And we get a nice way to ease our way into ACC play, our first game is at home against Miami.

Another 3 1/2 weeks pass with simming these games, and at this point only McClurkin has gained 2 points to his overall rating, but now everyone on the roster, including our freshmen, have gained 1 point. Forte gains a point to get up to 80 OVR. McCants is up to 79, Day up to 74... We now have 6 players on our roster rated 80 OVR.

Most everyone has gained a point to defensive awareness. Some key gains to close range shooting, Sneed is up 1 to 93, Forte and Moye both up 1 as well. backup SG Prosper Day is up to an 84 rated 3 point shooter now. Sneed gains a point in post offense, up to 82 there, McCants up to 84 there. Barrett is now a 90 rated defender. And nearly everyone on the team gains a point in rebounding.

Last note in what must be a huge post by now. Alloway has a confidence of 39%, I'll get him a pep talk or two. He must really feel like he deserves a starting job by now.

Oh oh one last thing. Going into conference play, here's how the ACC looks in the polls(as well as the top of the polls just to see who is hot):

1. Florida
2. Indiana
3. North Carolina
4. Seton Hall
5. Clemson
13. Virginia Tech
18. Ohio !
20. Maryland

Ohio is 13-2, including a win over #9 villanova. Quincy Jimenez is now an 87 OVR rated senior SG.

there's a lot of talent in the ACC, hopefully that home game vs Pitt wasn't a fluke and we can pull off wins like that against good teams at least somewhat reliably at home.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote