View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

A Recruits Story (TCY/FOF)

OOC: Fight on You Thunderbirds experienced a fatal crash, to where I could not recover the file to continue the dynasty. This is going to take it's place, however, I am following two high schools now, one in the west and one in the east. It might make for some tough record keeping, but I think it allows for a cool story.

Sitting in my office, pondering, what started this recruiting service. It didn't seem that long ago when I was just a father watching a son play football when this idea popped into my head.

Why not track a recruits progress, not just his high school but if he moves on to somewhere else (The NFL, AFL, CFL) why not follow him there as well. But the way has to be unique, it has to be different. It shouldn't be told in my eyes or your eyes. It HAS to be told in their eyes. How are they feeling? Do they have a girlfriend? How is school going? Are they satisfied with the process? Their place on the team?

Later on that night, I am in my office sitting at my desk with eyes that are red and strained from staring at a computer monitor all night. No one has ever done anything like this and I think if I picked two schools to follow, they would be ones that have meaning to me. The hardest part was getting the players to follow along. So I pick the two schools I am going to work with and get a hold of the coaches and the players to start.

They were interesting conversations but I now have my first little bit, I get the blog built and everything ready.

Timpview High School (Good Athletic Prep and Excellent Academic Prep) has been a force in Utah athletics since its establishment in 1978. In its first year of existence, the Timpview girl's tennis team won the school's first state championship along with the boy's baseball team later that year. Timpview has recorded six state championships in basketball, most recently in 2010 under head coach Perry Wildeboer.
Due to Timpview's recent athletic successes, many rivals have surfaced for the Thunderbirds. The most notable is Provo High School, located only a few miles south of Timpview's campus. Due to their proximity to one another, many Timpview students and athletes are closely affiliated with their Provo rivals, adding to the rivalry's passion and competitiveness
Football has become a staple of Timpview athletics as well, with seven state championships since 1986. Led by coach Louis Wong, Timpview has achieved the Utah State record for the most consecutive victories, staying undefeated since their third game in 2006 against Lone Peak; the record now stands at 36 straight victories, destroying the previous record of 29.In November 2009, they held the State title for the fourth straight year. Timpview Football was ranked 21st in the nation, based on their three-peat in the 2008 State Championship. Timpview also currently holds a 20-game winning streak over their crosstown rivals, Provo High School.
Timpview has put players into the NFL over its 23-year history.
  • Lance Reynolds - Center for the Seattle Seahawks
  • Brett Engemann - Quarterback for the Oakland Raiders
Timpview coaches have also come from professional backgrounds.
  • Head coach Louis Wong played on the 1984 BYU National Championship Team and was drafted as an offensive lineman by the Cardinals in 1985
  • Linebacker coach Cary Whittingham was drafted as a linebacker by the Cincinnati Bengals in 1986.

Also known as Clarence Central High School or, formerly, Clarence Senior High School, Clarence High School (Very Good Athletic Prep and Excellent Academic Prep) is a public institution for grades 9–12 located in the community of Clarence, New York. Located at 9625 Main Street, Clarence NY, 14031, this school offers many courses and extracurricular activities, that prepare students for secondary education, or future careers. Academic subjects emphasize Regents, Honors and Advanced Placement courses. Electives are offered ranging from art to technology. There are over 30 extracurricular options that provide ample opportunities for students to expand socially.

Mark Murphy, Co-captain of Super Bowl XVII Champions Washington Redskins, Pro Bowl 1982 and 1983. Graduated in 1973. Current President and CEO, Green Bay Packers is an alumni of Clarence High School.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote