View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #29
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2006 Season - Week 1

The Recruits:

Timpview K Spencer Elliot
When I was contacted by coach and the guy doing this site I was slightly shocked. The first thought that entered my mind was, don't they know I am a kicker. But then I realized that they are into this for the newness and the popularity. I know what Bernie and Kim got from this and I am just hoping the pub helps with recruiting.

I haven't had any contact by any Division I schools yet but the Division II's are knocking my door down.

The Current Players:

Southern Utah University QB Kim Gillespie (RS So 16/62)
Wow, what can I say? The senior that did have one year of eligibility was supposed to go didn't, he wasn't graded well enough with any of the pro teams and decided to hang around. This puts my plans of starting in a little bit of a bind. Coach knows I am not to happy about it but right now I will be able to make do for now.

Minnesota DE Sean Prill (RS So 23/72)
It was a better rotation than coach promised, I was only thinking a few plays here and there to spell the seniors while they need a breather. Coach had different plans for me. I was rotating constantly and boy is it faster in the game than I thought it would be. I did end up getting a tackle, rang my bell a bit but knocked the fog out of me. We ended up beating Mississippi State 34-20.

College of Eastern Utah C Bernie Ackerman (FR 2/53)
One thing is for sure, I am not ready for this game yet. I am not ready for the different coverages, stunts and schemes but I am thrown to the wolves. I was able to get into the game for a few plays as our starting center tweaked his knee. Thankfully I didn't screw up and make the wrong calls. It didn't matter much as we dropped the game to SDSU 27-21.

Tulsa RB Chester Blouch (FR 16/47) - Redshirt
If this follows anything like last season you won't hear from me until week 4 due to the redshirt I have. But I am buried deep on a depth chart with some talent. The one thing that is keeping my mind off of it is my girlfriend Pam. I met her when I arrived, first day of school, she is an English major and was in my English class.