View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #167
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR
Hi Bea,
Can't say I know what it is like to have a colicy baby. My wife (ibnsgirl) and I are barely starting our family and we are on our first (Lucy-4 months).
I know when we first brought Lucy home from the hospital, she would go into these fits because we either weren't giving her enough formula or it was getting her constipated/gassy. The hospital kind of screwed us over when they pressured my wife into giving Lucy formula. ibnsgirl wanted to breatfeed. So, by giving Lucy formula, it gave Lucy nipple-confusion.
There were some long nights when ibnsgirl was up, or when I was up trying to calm her down. It made things a bit hard for us since techincally we are still new to the married life. Married 11 months and with a newborn. Granted we've already come 4 months now, but we're still working on it.
Lucy's a doll and great fun to be around. She's a big hoot when I'm able to get her talking or laughing, but she is definately a momma's girl. She can have fun with me, but only for so long, then it is like I want mom, I want mom now. It's a little frustrating since I also want to be able to settle her down, but sometimes it's best to leave it to the wife.
I know it is a learning process, and I have a long way to go. I can say that this group has helped a lot and is also giving me things to expect when as Lucy gets older.

Thanks TonyR, I know the feeling about mommas girls. Our first daughter was attatched to her mom something fierce. But now three years later she is a daddys girl . Give it time.

Quote:
Hello Bea, This is Pilot-Man's wife. I have some other suggestions for colic. Try Hyland's Teething Tablets, we can only get them at the health food store where we live now but they are all natural and you can give them once an hour. They help reduce the pain and make them sleep, a sleeping baby= happier mommy and daddy. The other thing that worked for us was simethicone drops and Mozart. I also used to carry the babies in a sling a lot when they were crying, i could have my hands free to make dinner or whatever at the same time. If your interested in the warming rice aromatherapy bags let PilotMan know. I'd be happy to make one for you.

PM's Wife - I printed this off and gave it to my wife, hopefully she will take you up on the PM thing. She has lots of friends and family but none of them have little babies or have gone through PPD, so they are not much help as they think it is no big deal...Little do they know ...Thanks again

Last edited by Bea-Arthurs Hip : 11-22-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote