View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #34
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

You are dealing with a religion that believes all must convert to Islam or die. The west must get beyond their PC ideology of saying everyone’s belief is equal and address that “or die” tenet. If there truly are Muslims that are peaceful, then they should separate from Islam into a separate division and denounce the extremists.

Today the so called peaceful Muslims and their religious leaders do not denounce the extremists and they often financially support them. Today some westerners believe the entire religion is bent upon the “convert or die” principle and whether it is true or not, perception becomes reality.

Again, until the control of Islam is diverted from the radical hate mongers that will kill no matter what, they are an enemy and should be treated like one. Don’t play games with the people who remain and say they are peaceful. If they are, they will separate themselves from the hate mongers.

How do you fix it? Don’t give aid or any other assistance to the Islamic countries (oil presents a problem here) and defend yourself against attaches of terrorism. Call all Muslims out who claim they are peaceful and force them to either act accordingly with their direct actions and support or treat them like the hate mongers. If they split and differentiate themselves from the extremist in a way that can be measured, then accept them into the fold. Edward, to your point above, you have to clearly separate the extremist from the moderate, so they cannot hide. Just be ready to address the many “moderates” that are silently helping the extremists. They too are extremists.

The result, peaceful Muslims create a new sect that is proven to be unassociated with the violent extremists. The others that continue terrorist attacks are defeated by military force.

RadioFriednlyUnitShifter, I seriously doubt improving education in the Mid East is going to do much to solve the problem. Many of the extremist leaders and terrorist are very well educated by western schools. Hmm, maybe western schools are part of the problem, see my point above about dumping the PC ideology about everyone’s belief is equal. I know we can do it because we rightfully don’t accept the belief’s of the KKK or Neo Nazi groups as equal.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote