View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #81
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

With a day off I decide to take the opportunity to spend some quality time with my wife. We go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner and enjoy it tremedously. On the drive home we are talking with the radio in the background. My ear picks up the sounder indicating a sports update. I tune out my wife's dialog about painting the dinning room an olive green color and a subtly listen to the barely audible voice...

...and in baseball today the Pre-Nats once again top the Negro Twos, the Dead Ballers come up short against the Post Americans, the Negro Ones beat the Old Timers - they should be ashamed of themselves for beating old people, the Late 20ths get another win, the Centurions best the Post Nationals and the Left Outs - win out over the Estrellas....

"What do you think?" my wife asks.

"I agree totally," I say without hesitation.

"You didn't hear a word I said did you?"

"Yes I did, you want to paint the dining room olive green." I argue.

"That was 2 topics ago." she replys

"Um..."

"Ah ha, now what do you have to say for yourself?"

"Um...Dinner sure was good?" and yes that was phrased as a question.

"Yes it was, and I'm glad you think the dining room will look good in olive green, with tan trim." she replys with a sly smile on her lips.

I glance over and say, "You mean my answer about the paint color was right?"

"Sure, but I knew you weren't listening, I figured I'd make you sweat a little."

I snicker, and make a mental note not to think about baseball the rest of the night. Tomorrow we have to play the Old Timers, I'll have enough to think about at that point.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-20-2005 at 07:14 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote