View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:24 PM   #88
QuikSand
lolzcat

I have fallen into a trap, courtesy of John Green. He is the guy who wrote a book The Fault in our Stars that I cannot imagine I would ever read. But apparently he and his brother Hank have been doing video podcasts for some time, and have a real following.

I really, really like them both, but especially John. So, submitted for your consideration:

The Anthropocene, Reviewed - John spends 20m or so each episode delivering a "review" (Amazon style, 5-star scale) of seemingly random things from life around us. Topics have ranged from the soccer penalty shootout to "the yips" to the Taco Bell breakfast menu. Easy non-spoiler preview here: if you are in for 5 minutes of one episode and it's not for you... then it's not for you. You've lost 5 minutes of your time. Me? I listened to one, and then fairly rapidly went back and listened to all 12 or so episodes.

Dear Hank and John - this is the brothers' weekly offering. Basically, like Car Talk without the cars - people write in with various questions, either advice or information, and the brothers try to answer. It's clever and funny. And basically same as above, I suspect it's either for you or not for you, and you will likely know rapidly.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote