View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 09:53 PM   #76
SecretAgentMan
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
In real life, you need a Technical Elemental score of 23.00 in the short program for men and a 42.00 in the free program for men.

However, Technical Element is a measure of how difficult your program is, and only half of your score- there is also the artistic component to the scores.

So, I estimated that the skater would need an overall score of 46.00 in the short program and a score of 84.00 in the long program to make it to Junior Worlds. (So an overall score of about 130.00 or so) That might be a bit high, but is the current estimation I am using.

If Alex had been above 100 points total, I probably would have squeezed him into Junior Worlds for dramatic/story purposes, but he wasn't particularly close to that.

A very quick bit of research reveals that 95-100 seems to be about the minimum overall score at grand prix events for the junior worlds qualifiers, though it should be noted that the top scores in the junior grand prixs are usually ending between 200 and 230, so I have some adjustments to make next year to the overall scores, as we can see that nobody topped out at higher than 150.

Regardless, Alex was, by my count, the 100th ranked JUNIOR men's skater in the game. Given that only about 35 men actually attend junior worlds, he's not quite there yet either way. Maybe next season!
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote