View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 02:44 PM   #1
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

The Thrill of the Chase: Chevy Chase College (TCY)

Hello, everyone. I'm Graham.

I've been an off-and-on reader for a while now, and I decided it was time to join the forum and join in the fun with my own dynasty story.

During my own college years, I played The College Years for a while. A few years ago, I purchased the game again and had fun with it. Then, just the other day, I thought about this delightful game and wondered if it was still available for purchase. It isn't, but I discovered I could still download it...and when I located the email with my order ID, I was back in the game!

I interpreted this fortuitous set of circumstances as a clear sign that I should begin a TCY story of my own.

Since I'm a Maryland native, I placed the Solecismic Eight there. I remember having fun trying to build a small program into a national powerhouse, so I'll begin my coaching career in this small, fictitious conference.

It's now the fall of 2004, and I'm the head coach at Chevy Chase College.

What do we have going for us? We're located in an area that could provide a number of potential recruits, and we have an excellent academic reputation. Chevy Chase is ranked 18th in Undergraduate Average, right below USC and Army and above Maryland, Wake Forest, and Penn State. I want to maintain that academic excellence while we deliver an on-field product of equal quality.

I'll probably play through our first season or two quickly. When more of the players I've recruited are playing key roles, I'll have more to say. I've looked at some of the ways in which TCY players have told their teams' stories, and I'll unashamedly and gratefully borrow from some of them as I figure out how I want to tell my own tale.

Next time, I'll briefly introduce you to the team, and then we'll kick off. I hope we all enjoy the ride.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote