View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 06:12 PM   #2
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Preseason 2004

There are 125 teams in TCY's version of Division I college football. Chevy Chase is ranked 124th. It's probably going to be a very, very ugly season.

According to the Roster Strength Report, Chevy Chase has the worst defensive ends, defensive tackles, and cornerbacks in the entire country, and the safeties are second worst. If this report is accurate, our defense won't be able to stop anyone.

Among the six highest-rated players on our roster are two centers and two placekickers. Since a a football team employs only one player at each of these positions at a time, this is not an optimal distribution of talent. Bobby Sheldon and Kendrick Fulton are both redshirt seniors with two years of eligibility left. I think I might move Sheldon to another spot on the O-line, possibly to tackle.

Our linebacking corps is decent; senior OLB David Holliman is the most talented player on the roster. Consequently, our base defense will be a 3-4, because I want to put as few of those awful defensive linemen on the field as possible.

My offensive coordinator has experience coaching the Wing T offense, so that's what we'll use this year. A decent fullback is a requirement for this offense; we have one, the appropriately named Hardy Strong. I seem to remember that it's sometimes possible for a Solecismic Eight team to recruit fairly well at that position. And, speaking of recruiting...

Recruiting Priorities
Honestly, a team as lousy as this one must prioritize every position on the field. That being said, we'll need to replace bodies on the offensive line and in the backfield. We have eleven scholarship seniors, so we'll need to make sure to bring in at least that many players.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote