View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 03:57 PM   #1026
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I'm intrigued about Coastal Carolina's Grayson McCall, because of the extraordinary TD/INT numbers and extensive experience, good size and OK speed. I know he's on the draft radar for next year, but not as a first-rounder. But never an opportunity to see him play on broadcast TV.

As for the current playoff rankings. I still don't see the point, given the numerous important games on the schedule. For the Big Ten, it comes down to the Ohio State/Michigan winner being in, regardless, with a win in the Big Ten Championship. There's a path there for Illinois, but they have to remain undefeated the rest of the way in order to forgive their early loss. The loser of UM/OSU, not going to the championship and damaged enough by whatever happens in that loss, would be much harder to consider. Even an 11-1 OSU would have a home loss in its most important and most recent game to explain.

You can't not invite an undefeated power-five school. It would be nice if championship games went away along with playoff expansion, but $$$. Already, with four teams, they're a distraction.

At any rate, as always with Michigan, the season ends with Ohio State. Any game after that is an afterthought. I didn't even see last season's semifinal, and didn't care enough to get a trial to one of those streaming services.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote