View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 08:45 AM   #524
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That sucks, Jon. I know my daughter was so happy that they were able to extend their lease without an increase. That seems to be unusual anymore.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was somewhat expected but when you have it official and start doing the math, it was just too hard to justify.

Can't complain, he's been under the going rate for the building throughout, even with annual increases. And what they proposed wasn't out of line, it just didn't make sense with him being completely out of town for the longest stretch to date.

Once this house in Athens is finally sold, he plans to buy down there so not being stuck in a lenghty lease is a plus (though atm it looks like his purchase would land in early 2025).

I did ask whether the familiarity was worth it when he goes back and begins working but he gave a pretty mature answer IMO "it'd probably be nice but it ain't $12k-$14k worth of nice"