View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #26
dunkie23
n00b

Week 6

I made a few new recruiting contacts this week, but nothing significant. Still no commitments yet, I'm looking forward to getting one under the belt. I really hope we put on a good show against the Varsity Blues despite being 18 point underdogs. We have the top ranked QB in the country here, Gene Monroe. We also have two second tier RBs here this weekend in Ray Borders and Sean Knobbs. On top of that we have 6 other recruits here this weekend.

#123 York (0-3) at #92 Toronto (1-2) (-18)

York 28, Toronto 25. We held of a 4th quarter comeback by the Blues to hang on and win 28-25. Our ground game finally got going, as Lyons and Pamer combined for 156 yards. Our QB Hopkins completed 23 of 29 passes for 217 yards and 2 TDs. Freshman RB K.C. Sweeney had 2 TDs, one on the ground and one receiving TD. We had 408 yards total offense, with no turnovers. We ran the ball 51 times, which really let Hopkins do his thing, and the O-line only allowed 1 sack.

On defense, we limited Toronto to 12 first downs, a stat I was getting worried about. Getting the lead quick helped, because it put them into passing situations and we took advantage of that. Keeping their offense off the field meant that were no standouts on defense, and no big stats to report, but the unit really clicked together and quietly did their job.

We lost sophomore DE Rickey Whalen for the season with a torn triceps.
dunkie23 is offline   Reply With Quote