View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #72
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Actually, I just thought of one I can talk about. Kinda odd and random, but whatever.

This was back in law school. This story could probably go off-track fairly easily, but suffice to say, 97% of our law school class was young 20-somethings, while the rest were older. Some were embarking on second careers. Among them was this 50ish woman who used to wheel around a briefcase from class to class. The typical know-it-all, but in the body of a middle-aged mother. Oh, and a diehard Cowboys fan, too. It was a glorious combination, I can assure you. Condescending, acted like law school was a piece of cake and everyone would be choking on her fumes while she left us in the rear view mirror.

Eventually, she would end up stealing exam questions, get turned in by a professor's assistant who saw her do it, take out a hitman to kill the assistant and her husband, and get arrested for attempted murder (queue the off-track stuff...). But this pre-dates that.

Anyway, so in law school there's a lot of questioning the students - the so-called Socratic Merthod - where participation is encouraged, if not demanded. I had a tax class with this bitch, and holy shit, she would talk at any opportunity she could get, to prove to the professor and everyone else that she was so fucking smart. Often, it was to prove she was smarter than the professor. Eventually, a couple of friends and I got so bored during class that we started what was eventually known as Plachy Football. Basically, we each took turns evaluating each time she spoke and converting it into a "carry." So, if she waxed poetic on something for a couple of minutes, she gained 12 yards. If she gave a short answer, maybe 3 yards. If she was (God Forbid) wrong about something, -3. At the end of class, we'd add them all up and figure out how good a game she had - 16 carries, 122 yards and a TD (TDs were assigned either for a particularly longwinded discussion, or after so many yards), for example. Then we'd keep track of her "season" and add up her stats at the end of a 16 game run.

But all that kinda came to an end when she, uh, you know, tried to have people killed.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote