View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #8
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

1 March 2015

The next month was a busy one at FC Santa Claus. Our preseason moved into the next phase, as we played four friendlies. We also continued play in the Suomen Cup, and the results could have hardly turned out better.

Our Cup tie took us away to Tervarit, a club from the city of Oulu. We saw them off, 2-1, the second goal coming from Santa's newest player.

Nine days earlier, we signed a striker whom Sami Tuovinen recommended: 22-year-old free agent Joona Kalermo. My staff disagrees about his ability to some extent; coach Joona Korhonen thinks he's the best striker in the team now, while youth development guy Juha-Pekka Rinne isn't impressed. I like his technical skill and his flair, and even if he's never more than a rotation option, I'll be happy.

The board accepted my suggestion that we establish an affiliation with a smaller club that might take some of our young players on loan. Now we're affiliated with Töölön Vesa, an amateur club in the Nelonen. We'll see if some of our U19s will end up getting some first team football there.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote