View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here let me show you how it works:

Here is the Championship Playoffs. You begin with 50% of your points from the regular season, so we will begin in 6th place with 20 points. Then we each play each other twice in a home and home round robin, like a Group Stage, with the winners after that making it in. So we are playing against the class of the division twice more. Because it rewards regular play, that makes it pertinent, but at just 50% of the results, that gives you something to play for here, meaning these ten matches in this group are basically counting for double points.

Now normally you would get two Champions slots here, but our ranking fell, so there is only one Champions spot. Then EURO for spots 2-3. We would have had 4 spots here, but that’s the break. I don’t see it mentioned Cluj’s ban, so that may have been for last year when we started and it may have ended, so we would be playing against the heavy as well.

I do like the idea of this in theory. You can’t qualify by losing to the best clubs but doing well against the rest of the league. You have to run this gauntlet.

Let’s get this thang started!

There were times when we played up this year to teams on this list, such as beating FCSB, Craiova, and such. But that was not consistent, and we laid eggs to Cluj.

Sato has finished learning how to be a threat on the wing.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote