View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 07:38 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am going to move Dalmau to start at MR and move Petre to ML for a bit to give the clear hot leg some starts.

After the first round of matches was over, we are now in 3rd. That means we have moved out of the hole in 6th place and into EURO qualification. Now, we have a gauntlet of stuff coming. I doubt we finish there, but that’s not bad for right now.

Continental Qualifier - Game #2 – Away vs Viitorul. The next match is here. Can Dalmau continue his form at the MR spot? Here we go! If I can steal points here, I’m going to be happy. Wow. In the 8th minute DC Jakub Palenik fired a 25 yard shot into goal. That just feels lucky. I don’t want my DCs taking shots at goal. It was a corner, and they headed the ball out, it fell to Petre outside of the box, he slid to Jakub who shot. So there you are folks. Even your DC can get a goal outside of a header on a set piece! They come at us hard but fail to pop the cherry. Wow are they not going to be happy. Here’s Tandia with another long shot that sinks. 20th minute, assist by Ursu, on another corner kick, we popped the ball out and he shot it. They have just given up two set piece long shots. They have two cards injured Viera’s jaw, and it’s half time. Don’t get complacent out there. We have three shots on target, both of our goals are from set pieces and they have been outplaying us. Don’t get seduced into looking at the scoreboard. They score in the 57th, fittingly, on a IFK. Live by the set piece, die by the set piece. I pull 6.20 Hadnagy for Dodoi. In the 65th, Petre hits Dodoi for a nice shot, and it rebounds off the crossbar – Traore finishes. Goal for us. I pull Viera for Stoychev. I know that’s funny. Oliviera for a tired Dalmau. We win 3-1 - MOM is Traore.

Well that’s not bad. Again, we got two set pieces, so it feels artificial, but still, it aint bad.

Cluj lost to Craiova 1-4, we remain in 3rd, but are now just one point behind 2nd.

But now we have the juggernaut of Craiova. Sure, we are the only team to beat them this year! But it was luck and a red card.

Slovakia’s Senior Squad is calling us Jakub now, btw

Our new youth squad arrives but I don’t see any new folks that excite me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote