View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cluj vs Sepsi

This next section is going to be dense but I think it'll prove really helpful to see where we need to be. Get ready for picture overload!

Now let’s give you a couple of screen shots of current Cluj starters:

This is the best player on Cluj’s roster that isn’t a loanee. Now he’s 32 and will likely soon drop in quality, but you get the idea. Deac is a creative force for footballing good.

My best midfielder is Traore

Their player is a lot better mentally, and mine is about the same, physically, as theirs, save for the big STR of Deac, and then they have about the same technique for the key stuff I care about (pass, 1st touch, cross, tech) but you can see how much more well rounded Deac is with stuff like his finishing.

Now, here is Cluj’s worst midfielder

This is Rafa Sousa, a backup guy they are trying to sell. He’s still good enough to make the cut on my squad, and perhaps even push for starts. He doesn’t even start for them.

Here is one of my own middies that I started.

This is Sato. Note that Sato is worse than Sousa. One of my first team starters is worse than their worst player! Now Sato is fast, and and, uh, ….. Well, you san see. His mentals aren’t there, he doesn’t have good pass or cross, etc.

Here is Dalmau

This is Dalmau after a year. Now he has gotten better at the positions he plays, we taught him flexibility. But a 10/10 in cross/pass or 12/11 speed or 10 technique ain;t going to get it done, right? I need more stuff.

Here are some other Cluj middies, just to push this point home;

These are two other examples of folks better than my best.

And this is true for other players as well

This is one of Cluj’s strikers. George is very strong, with good physical stats, and such. You have to like him.

This was my best striker on the pitch

Now this was my most in-form player and goal leader. He’s not anywhere near the quality of George. 10 finishing? 12/11 tech and first touch? He’s not even outpacing George at heading. Simonovski isn’t someone with heft.

But Gimenez? He can go toe to toe with them:

This Is Gimenez and his physical, technical, and mental stats will allow him to dominate.

Now, here was my best DC on the pitch, Viera

He was the best non-GK on the team I inherited. But he still wasn’t strong. Here is the best Cluj D (that they own and didn’t have on loan).

Now this isn’t a DC, but their DL, and yet, you can get the points, I think. His mental, physical, and such are just better.

Here is our worst starting DC by comparison

This is Ursu. Yeah, exactly. But he played better than Stoychev, so there’s that. You’ve seen how good Palenik was to bring in.

We need to upgrade our talent.

Here’s Jure Obsivac. He’s another full-time starter I had who locked in the DMC role for me. Again, he’s not bad. If I had to I could run him out there for me, but there’s no magic here. No zest. There’s nothing to hang my hat on.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote